Sunday, April 22, 2012

My Teaching Videos: Update March 2012


So, it has indeed been a while. Blogging has taken the world by storm since  last posted, but life is so hectic, it is difficult to maintain a real world life, as well as blog online.

I have been busy making Teaching Videos Online, taking learning OUTSIDE the classroom. These videos have won the praise of Headteachers across London landing me various jobs in schools (including my recent appointment as Head of English), so I thought I would share these.

April 2012: Mr Ullah VS. Ivan Drago: Writing To Describe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnNzFWCHjhM



The above is a screenshot of the video. In it, students are asked to describe the dual-narrative they see. There should be a paragraph for each character doing a different form of training. 

April 2011: Mr Ullah And The Joker Interrogation: What Does He Like Read - The Lord Of The Flies By William Golding


In the above video, I interview The Joker from The Dark Knight, and interview him on his views, including his favourite book, The Lord of The Flies!


November 2011: Ullah In Expendables: SMS Language Analysis Asking Arnold Schwarzenegger & Sly Stallone For Help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTcH2sJ7HBA&feature=relmfu


The above is a screenshot for the video, in which I ask Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sly Stallone to help me make a video on how technology has impacted on spoken English, for my GCSE students. Both actors turn me down, leaving me to make it myself!








No comments: